Graduate roadway engineer
n exciting opportunity at Mott MacDonald waits for graduate/entry-level transportation professionals in Atlanta, GA. We’re known for delivering projects in water, energy, transport, built environment, and advisory. Our South-Central team supports some of the most ambitious transportation, water, and infrastructure projects in North America, including:
- Regionally significant – Rome-Cartersville Development Corridor – Project includes 13 bridges, a new interchange on I-75, and 5 turbo roundabouts.
- Design-Build projects of different delivery methods.
- GDOT’s bridge replacement program
- Gwinnett ON-Call – widenings and intersections
Responsibilities may include:
- Support a vast array of roadway improvement projects, including the design of horizontal and vertical geometry, drainage design, construction staging, and erosion control;
- Prepare designs for projects from concept development, preliminary design plans, right-of-way plans, and final construction plans;
- Prepare exhibits and descriptions for easement and right-of-way agreements;
- Use computer applications or other automated systems such as MicroStation, InRoads, OpenRoads, Hydra flow hydrographs, Hydraflow StormSewer, and other computer-assisted design programs;
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems;
- Support the project manager on conventional design for GDOT, various Authorities, and Municipal agencies;
- Keep up to date with current methods and design guidelines;
- Compliance with Quality, Safety, Environment, and Managerial procedures;
- Supporting the Project manager in project delivery.
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- EIT preferred.
- The desire for obtaining PE.
- 0-3 years experience in transportation or civil engineering. Preferable backgrounds are drainage, roadway, land development, aviation, or municipal engineering.
- Experience with CAD particularly MicroStation and OpenRoads.
- Familiarity with GDOT design standards and policies is preferred.
- Any OpenRoads Designer(3D) experience is highly desirable.
- Any familiarity with engineering software such as GEOPAK Drainage, AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS, and other engineering software is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including preparing and presenting effective technical reports.
- Occasional travel will require a Driver's License.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence