Fall Term Project Engineer Co-op/Intern
Internship / Co-Op: General Application (DiGCo)
Who is DiGeronimo Companies?
We believe that our employees are the foundation of our success. From our early days of digging basements to today, our employees continue to be one of our most important assets. Employee dedication, loyalty and hard work translate into success for each project. Since 1956, we have been a leader in challenging heavy civil construction, demolition, and environmental solutions following a strong set of core values instilled by our founders. The DiGeronimo Companies have grown, expanded, and excelled in the construction industry and currently have internships with the following entities:
- Independence Excavating
- Independence Construction
- Independence Demolition
- Bear IC, LLC
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A Project Engineer Intern is responsible for and will learn various jobsite functions including, but not limited to:
Estimating/Project Management Assistant
- Assist in project management and bid preparation
- Prepare RFI’s, submittals, payment requisitions, change order requests
- Perform quantity takeoff (material, subs, & self-performed work)
- Solicit quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- Assist PM in evaluating job costs
- Assist in developing and maintaining critical path project schedules.
- One and Two-week look ahead schedules to verify all resources are available
- Perform takeoff for ordering materials
- Call suppliers to schedule deliveries
- Calculate daily costs based on time sheet & work performed
- Compile extra work orders with necessary backup
- Complete time sheets & daily reports
- Work with AutoCAD to develop coordinates
- Set up GPS
- Perform layout with surveying crew; rod man
Do you have what it takes?
- College Students currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year university pursuing an associate or bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- It is strongly encouraged that students who intern with Independence Excavating plan to do so for at least 2 terms (do not need to be consecutive)
- Interns are required to work 40+ hour weeks, preferably when the student is taking a semester away from school
- A degree of travel is required for the internship