The Archivist Intern will work closely with our Campus Manager to organize and archive a variety of information and documentation. This intern will work to establish a long-term records management plan with clear department-specific perimeters on retention and destruction. This unique project includes identifying what qualifies for longer-term digital storage and what may require short-term physical storage.
This role will address logistical and systemic challenges and may include creating naming conventions, identifying the structure of how things will be saved digitally, ascertaining specific information from a physical document or item, then appropriately disposing of that document or item once the essential information has been digitized or archived.
Historical preservation of documents, plans, newspaper articles, letters from dignitaries, and other precious items is an important aspect of this role. The Long Center currently has no system in place for archiving these items and this intern will work to create a new system, ensuring that these treasured items are well preserved and organized moving forward.
Why Intern with the Long Center?
Interning with the Long Center provides an opportunity to peek behind the curtains at Austin’s front row. Learn about employment from back of house to front of house and beyond while supporting Austin’s premier nonprofit Performing Arts Center.
Perks of interning with the Long Center include:
- One-on-one mentorship with a professional in your field of interest
- Hands-on experience working with a small and talented team
- Contributing to a mission that is leading the way in ensuring we can continue to gather safely, advancing arts in our community, and showcasing local talent
- Professional development opportunities including networking and resume workshops
- Access to world class shows—working behind the scenes, trying your hand at a front of house role, or enjoying VIP access to our member lounge
The Long Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strive for a team that reflects Austin’s diverse culture. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Archival Science and Preservation, History, Library Science, Public Administration, Political Science, Communications, Records Management and More!