This position manages all activities of the engineering department and directs department activities through subordinates, to deliver innovative technologies, design new products, modify existing designs, and develop test procedures.
- Stay abreast of the state-of-the-art knowledge within field of expertise
- Provide detailed reports and/or presentations on key activities, strategies, technologies
- Stay abreast of competitive intellectual property and develop competing strategies
- Provide guidance for product development architecture
- Recommend and seat new technologies
- Lead and provide technical guidance to project teams as required
- Apply advanced engineering theory and practices
- Develop and implement project plans for major activities
- Work closely with marketing to define project objectives
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports as required
- Understand reliability growth curves and statistical analysis
- Coordinate outside research on major technical development projects
- Direct and assess project designs to ensure efficient manufacturability
- Support and drive enterprise strategies
- Define and drive value engineering projects
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience
8 -10+ years of mechanical engineering competency
- Proven strong leader
- Committed to mentorship
- Autodesk Inventor experience a plus but not required
- SaaS experience is a plus but not required
- IoT device connectivity experience is a plus
- Electromechanical experience is a plus
In an office and production environment
Salary: 130k - 145k Annually + Annual Bonus
Competitive benefits packages 401k company match, medical, dental, and vision
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.