Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program - Sales Associate
Who We Are:
Crossroads Equipment Lease & Finance, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Velocity Vehicle group, one of California’s largest commercial vehicle dealers. Established in 2006, and based in Rancho Cucamonga, California, Crossroads engages in the business of commercial medium and heavy-duty truck financing and leasing. We offer operating and finance leasing as well as direct financing to our commercial customers. Crossroads has experienced dynamic growth, expanding our portfolio and developing relationships with transportation companies that have locations outside the state of California, expanding our finance products to all states to service these customers.
What’s in it for You:
As a Sales Associate Emerging Leader, you will participate in learning rotations that will cover business related topics specifically geared toward sales, risk management & operations. The program will give you the chance to experience different assignments in a variety of departments that will ultimately lead to a potential sales opportunity with Crossroads. As a CELP Sales Associate you will be a full-time employee and receive our complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and other important benefits.
What You’ll Do:
The Sales Associate CELP is a paid 12 to 18-month development and training program. It follows a deep, accelerated learning approach to all aspects of the fast-paced, technology-driven, equipment financing industry. Upon graduation from the program, a sales associate will be fully equipped to:
- Efficiently uncover new financing opportunities in an assigned geographic target market through indirect and direct marketing channels.
- Track leads, contacts and opportunities through a Salesforce CRM platform.
- Conduct discovery interviews to uncover financing needs for each potential transaction.
- Collect appropriate financial information and confidently create financial spreads to determine the credit worthiness of the borrower.
- Collaborate with our deeply experienced credit team to underwrite, price, and structure the best financial solution.
- Negotiate the best terms possible for each loan or lease.
- Work closely with our top-tier documentation and titling team to process and fund the transactions.
- Develop strong relationships with our dealer-partners and end users to develop and maintain a reliable pipeline of repeatable business.
- Become a trusted advisor by understanding industry trends and being valued resource to your customers through all industry cycles.
In addition, the Sales Associate will have the opportunity to obtain the industry-recognized Certified Lease and Finance Professional (CLFP) designation.
Risk Management & Operations:
- Understand the company's risk appetite (credit box), collateral values, and credit reports.
- Interpret basic financial statements;
- Assist with the full underwriting process;
- Successfully spread financial statements; and
- Discern creditworthiness of a borrower.
Documentation & Titling:
- Confidently understand the flow of a deal, the requirements and processes associate with the documents department;
- Comprehend the Risk Policy Manual and proper docs request process;
- Utilize your knowledge of the customer experience through-out the deal process;
- Answer customers questions regarding the doc package; and
- Interpret each paragraph of the docs package for customers in laymen's terms.
Business Development and Sales:
- Own the sales process including direct and indirect channels
- Identify, generate, and follow up on leads;
- Utilize sales calls, cold calls, and follow call scripts;
- Guide targeted prospects through the application process;
- Qualify prospects;
- Manage pricing;
- Leverage the company's CRM and Pricing system;
- Manage internal resources and sales territories;
- Employee negotiation and closing skills; and
- Fully take over a territory and quickly begin to generate application flow and revenue upon completion of the Crossroad's Emerging Leaders Program.
- Bachelors Degree, or comparable degree, in Business or Finance related field, preferred
- Previous employment or internship experience in a related field, preferred
- Enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and loads of initiative
- Strong ability to make independent decisions
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
- Desire for a growing career with Crossroads with the mindset to control your own income
- Goal oriented, self-motivated, confident, thorough and tenacious
- Learns quickly when facing new problems
- Natural nature to be relentless and a versatile learner
- Microsoft Office, time management, communication, customer service
- Willing to work the shift and hours it takes to get the job done
- Some sales experience, preferred will make a huge difference in your ability to take on this challenge, but willing to train the right candidate with relevant educational background
- Must be able to travel to Crossroads' Headquarters in Rancho Cucamonga, CA on an as needed basis.
Compensation: $60,000/yr - $70,000/yr (with future potential to earn commission)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Velocity Vehicle Group and its companies provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.