Graduate mechanical engineer
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in the New York City or Westwood, MA office. As an engineer, you will be an integral part of a design team made up of primarily professional engineers. Both recent graduates and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Perform calculations for which design drawings, specifications and reports are generated.
- Development of drawings and specifications.
- Undertaking design and analysis support for tunnel fire and life safety systems including tunnel ventilation, standpipe and deluge systems/
- Drafting technical reports in a range of engineering areas, including feasibility studies, basis of design reports and technical analysis.
Working towards professional qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Mining, or equivalent engineering degree from an accredited college or university;
- Significant experience in infrastructure fire-life safety design
- Proven ability to develop client relationships and secure new work
- Familiarity with fan systems, controls, and FLS codes and standards (NFPA, AMCA, ASHRAE) with emphasis on NFPA 130 and NFPA 502
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and experienced in developing design concepts, analysis methodologies, and delivering quality work
- Demonstrated abilities to work within project timeframes and budget constraints
- Ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after regular business hours – some travel may be required.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ontario P.Eng. License
- Team building experience
- Experience in performing egress calculations
- Experience of underground fire-life safety would be an asset
- Familiarity with equipment inspection, testing and commissioning
- Experience with design-build pursuit or design-build plans and specifications production
- Working knowledge of BIM