The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing department to help ensure that projects and deadlines are met creatively, on time, and within budget. As a performance space, we take our relationship with our audience seriously, regardless of whether the interactions are in person or online. This intern will be tasked with brainstorming creative ways to engage the Long Center audience across various platforms, including building paid advertisements for upcoming events and increasing engagement on social media.
This role will involve close collaboration with other internal departments and may support the team with business coding, organizing files and invoices as needed. Interns will be invited to join the team for staff meetings so they may better understand the expectations of a Marketing department as well as goals the team is working to accomplish.
Why Intern with the Long Center?
Interning with the Long Center provides an opportunity to peek behind the curtains at Austin’s front row. Learn about employment from back of house to front of house and beyond while supporting Austin’s premier nonprofit Performing Arts Center.
Perks of interning with the Long Center include:
- One-on-one mentorship with a professional in your field of interest
- Hands-on experience working with a small and talented team
- Contributing to a mission that is leading the way in ensuring we can continue to gather safely, advancing arts in our community, and showcasing local talent
- Professional development opportunities including networking and resume workshops
- Access to world class shows—working behind the scenes, trying your hand at a front of house role, or enjoying VIP access to our member lounge
The Long Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strive for a team that reflects Austin’s diverse culture. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising and more