Event Management Intern
The Event Management Intern will work closely with the Events team to support in everything from advancement to event execution. This intern will assist in note-taking during meetings with clients to ensure all essential information is accounted for and properly organized. They will work to guarantee that the proper documentation is completed and shared with the appropriate parties to put on successful events.
Additionally, the intern in this role will attend some functions to provide the best execution of the events, which will include some evening obligations. There is flexibility in the specific times and dates required as evening and weekend events will be planned. This support would include guiding vendors, communicating with internal teams about specific supplies needs and other coordinating tasks. The eventual goal is for the intern to coordinate a small event such as a board meeting or luncheon at the end of their semester so they can exercise some of their established skills.
Why Intern with the Long Center?
Interning with the Long Center provides an opportunity to peek behind the curtains at Austin’s front row. Learn about employment from back of house to front of house and beyond while supporting Austin’s premier nonprofit Performing Arts Center.
Perks of interning with the Long Center include:
- One-on-one mentorship with a professional in your field of interest
- Hands-on experience working with a small and talented team
- Contributing to a mission that is leading the way in ensuring we can continue to gather safely, advancing arts in our community, and showcasing local talent
- Professional development opportunities including networking and resume workshops
- Access to world class shows—working behind the scenes, trying your hand at a front of house role, or enjoying VIP access to our member lounge
The Long Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strive for a team that reflects Austin’s diverse culture. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Event Management, Theatre, Radio Television and Film, Business, Management, Communications, Music and more