The Human Resources Intern will work closely with the HR department to organize, recruit, interview and onboard future interns, creating a meaningful, educational, and inclusive environment for our interns and staff.
This role will be responsible for developing a streamlined recruitment and tracking process for a variety of cross-functional internship roles, marketing our opportunities and providing interns with networking and professional development activities while supporting other projects aimed at ensuring the Long Center is an employer of choice.
Other projects may include record retention, training, recognition, benefits, and wellness initiatives aimed at interns and/or full-time and part-time employees.
Why Intern with the Long Center?
Interning with the Long Center provides an opportunity to peek behind the curtains at Austin’s front row. Learn about employment from back of house to front of house and beyond while supporting Austin’s premier nonprofit Performing Arts Center.
Perks of interning with the Long Center include:
- One-on-one mentorship with a professional in your field of interest
- Hands-on experience working with a small and talented team
- Contributing to a mission that is leading the way in ensuring we can continue to gather safely, advancing arts in our community, and showcasing local talent
- Professional development opportunities including networking and resume workshops
- Access to world class shows—working behind the scenes, trying your hand at a front of house role, or enjoying VIP access to our member lounge
The Long Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strive for a team that reflects Austin’s diverse culture. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.