Business Development Intern
The Business Development Intern will work closely with the Sales department to help with everything from tours to contracting. This intern will learn about the amazing spaces the Long Center has to offer to vendors and the community all while learning how to help secure contracts and ensure sales. They will help with prospecting, contract building and communication as well as supporting other components of the sales process.
This role will be responsible for helping plan and developing marketing fulfillment opportunities such as fundraisers, events, and other engagement opportunities. They will also work closely with the Business Arts Council to help brainstorm and maintain donor engagement and retention. Additionally, they will assist with sales navigator to establish a better work tool to improve connection with future clients.
Why Intern with the Long Center?
Interning with the Long Center provides an opportunity to peek behind the curtains at Austin’s front row. Learn about employment from back of house to front of house and beyond while supporting Austin’s premier nonprofit Performing Arts Center.
Perks of interning with the Long Center include:
- One-on-one mentorship with a professional in your field of interest
- Hands-on experience working with a small and talented team
- Contributing to a mission that is leading the way in ensuring we can continue to gather safely, advancing arts in our community, and showcasing local talent
- Professional development opportunities including networking and resume workshops
- Access to world class shows—working behind the scenes, trying your hand at a front of house role, or enjoying VIP access to our member lounge
The Long Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strive for a team that reflects Austin’s diverse culture. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Business Management, Event Planning, Communications, Tourism, Recreation Park and Tourism Sciences, Technology, Marketing, Finance and more