Position Title: O'Laughlin Ambassador
Semester/Year: 2023- Until student graduates
Total Positions Available: 20
Supervisor: Joshua Hylkema
Hours worked per week: 1- 4
Pay rate: $14.20 per hour
Start Date: April 1, 2023
End Date: May 12, 2023 (you will return to work during the beginning of the fall semester)
An O'Laughlin Ambassador in the HWS Admissions Office will experience a variety of responsibilities including marketing and promoting Hobart and William Smith Colleges as a tour guide, welcoming guests to the Admissions Office, and helping to support on-campus events such as Open Houses. These students will introduce the Colleges' campus, curriculum, and programs to prospective students and their families. All O'Laughlin Ambassadors are expected to assist with special events including some weekend programs. O’Laughlin ambassadors typically work 1-4 hours a week, and scheduling is done based on their availability.
· Give hour long solo campus tours to prospective students and their families
· Work at events such as Admitted Student Days and Open Houses
· Answer incoming phone calls
· Work at the front desk to check students in and welcome families
· Strong public speaking skills
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Organized, responsible, and reliable
· Strong communication skills
· Open to first years, sophomores, and juniors.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Must submit resume no later than March 13, 2023. You will be contacted by the hiring supervisor for additional information. The application process will begin with group interviews followed by mock tours.