Installation Crew Member
Who We Are
Metro Blooms is a nonprofit that partners with communities, property owners, organizations and local governments to create resilient landscapes and foster clean watersheds, embracing the values of equity and inclusion to solve environmental challenges. We believe that collaboration with our communities and across our programs is the most impactful way to heal our earth. We manage the Blue Thumb - Planting for Clean Water partnership and own the for-profit Metro Blooms Design+Build, a full-service landscape design and construction company. This position is employed by Metro Blooms Design+Build.
Installation crew members work to implement the landscape plans that our designers have created. Designs are typically naturalistic, and plant-focused. Projects range in size from a single front yard raingarden to a multi-family or community-based project that includes large plantings as well as hardscapes including, stepping stones, patios, natural stone walls and pathways. Our crew members take pride in installing beautiful and thoughtful landscapes that provide resilient outdoor spaces for both humans and urban wildlife, and we are dedicated to safety and thoroughness in all our work.
- Under the direction of the Installation Crew Leader, you will work with a crew on residential and commercial-scale landscape installations throughout the Twin Cities metro area
- Install site-specific designs, with features such as plant beds, raingardens, borders, edging, rock swales, low retaining walls, patios, paths, garden stairs, site re-grading, and other landscape features
- Utilize a wide variety of landscaping tools to complete landscaping objectives, including hand tools, wheelbarrows, blowers, concrete saws, laser levels, power tools, skid loaders and excavators
- Plant trees, shrubs, forbs, grasses, seeds and other plant materials according to a plan
- Complete projects to a professional standard
- Keep storage areas, equipment, vehicle, and jobsites clean and in good working order
- Interact kindly and respectfully with other crew members, clients, residents and members of the public, and represent Metro Blooms in a professional manner
- Practice safe use of all tools and discuss safety guidelines at all work sites
1. Willingness and desire to work as part of a team
2. Ability to complete tasks as they are assigned
3. Ability to communicate with the crew leader and other crew members effectively
4. Ability to complete demanding physical work outside, in all weather conditions
5. A strong affinity for the outdoors and for working hard in the dirt
6. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
7. Ability to arrive to work on time and be available for 40 hours/week mid April-November
8. This position requires a background check, at the discretion of Metro Blooms Design+Build
Ideal Candidates have a minimum of 2 years of landscape experience, and/or a strong willingness to learn!
Metro Blooms celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We don’t just accept difference, we thrive on it for the benefit and resilience of our employees, our programs, and our community. We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce that promotes the values of equity and justice.
To apply, please visit www.metroblooms.org/employment