Video Producer Internship - Remote
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.
Background of Our Organization
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.
What if you could go to your place of employment with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to a great cause? When you work with us in the role of Video Production, this could be your life. You will be a part of creating short impactful videos that tell a story about our vision to inspire and empower children, youth and teachers in underserved communities across New York City and the Philippines.
Essential Job Functions:
The position entails 4 main tasks:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to prioritize video projects
- Responsible for planning and implementing all of the elements of a video project (e.g. create storyboards, scripts, music, captions )
- Creating short videos (promotional, testimonials, story-telling) for MBM
- Editing, creating, story-telling and confident with video production platforms such as Camtasia
- Opportunity to work with the Founder / CEO of the non-profit, as well as some Board Members on specific projects
- This is a remote position during the week for a few hours each week
- A 6 month commitment with possibility of extension
- Usage of own personal computer
- Opportunity is primarily remote unless individual resides in the metropolitan area to come out to specific events
There is flexibility to transform this opportunity into an unpaid internship if candidate wishes. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
MBM is an EOE