Marketing and Social Media Internship - Remote
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.
Background of Our Organization
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.
What if you could go to your place of employment with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to a great cause? When you work with us in the role of Marketing and Social Media, this could be your life.
If you have a passion for marketing, social media and creative ideas, then this role is for you! We encourage people across all backgrounds and experiences to apply. This is suitable for those that simply want to develop experience in this field, and/or anyone who believes in a cause, and wants to give back to the community and be a part of making a difference in lives, improve educational outcomes, grow a brand’s presence and most of all, to contribute and promote solutions toward the global education crisis.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Develop new social media platforms to increase effectiveness within existing channels
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly communication / editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Raise awareness of youth development programs and educator professional development
- Design content for social media, such as blogs, videos, flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve overall brand and online presence
- Build and track social media traffic and engagement
- Educate and engage the brand’s audience to increase awareness and boost traffic and achieve marketing goals
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in college, OR a graduate with a bachelor's degree in digital communications, digital media or related field such as advertising, journalism or graphic design OR must have equivalent working experience in the social media space
- In-depth knowledge and experience with major social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap, etc.
- Strong execution of social media content and management posting schedules/calendar/campaigns using project management tools
- Comfortable with creating and managing multiple social media accounts and developing content to inform our targeted audiences in Education
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills to compose compelling social media content
- Interested in social media trends & analytics to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Copywriting and editing skills, along with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent organizational skills and time-management abilities
- Creativity skills
- Available to commit to working at least 2-4 hours per week with a 6 month duration
- Usage of own computer required
There is flexibility to transform this opportunity into an unpaid internship if candidate wishes. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
MBM is an EOE