Summer Internship-QC Microbiologist
It's not what we make. It's what we make possible.
As a QC Microbiologist Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the Microbiology team to develop and validate new methods, complete microbiological testing using Good Lab Practices (GLPs), learn plating and aseptic technique, and support improvement projects. All interns operate closely with a mentor, whom is a subject matter expert in the perspective area.
During the course of your internship you will have projects and tasks that include:
- Learn about and participate in environmental monitoring in an aseptic environment.
- Become proficient in aseptic plating techniques, reading plates, and microbiological organism identification.
- Learn about and conduct routine Microbiology assays such as: Endotoxin and Bioburden.
- Collaborate on either test procedure qualification or new instrument validation, working through all aspects from PQ, through writing of the validation report and associated WI's/SOP's
To qualify as a QC Microbiology Intern, we are looking for the following:
- Students working toward a Bachelor of Microbiology, with at least two years of their perspective program completed.
- Available for a three month summer internship.
- Students that are highly motivated and ready to apply their formal education to technologies that improve patient lives.
- Self-motivated problem solvers, driven to challenge themselves and design capable and efficient processes.
Meet Lifecore Biomedical, LLC:
For more than 30 years, we've made progress possible for patients around the world and for our employees here in Minnesota. As the global leader in manufacturing and supplying sodium hyaluronate (NaHy), more than 90 million patients have benefit from our certified pharmaceutical grade NaHy. We are guided by an unwavering commitment to improving people's lives, including those who work at Lifecore.