Admissions Senior Intern
Position Title: Admissions Senior Intern
Semester/Year: 2023-2024 Academic School Year
Total Positions Available: 10-12 Interns
Supervisor: Gib Shea
Pay rate: $14.20 per hour
Start Date: August 21, 2023
End Date: May 3, 2024
Working as a Senior Intern is an opportunity to share your experience at Hobart and William Smith with prospective students and their families while developing skills applicable to a variety of pursuits. The primary functions of the Senior Intern will be to interview prospective students and assist admissions counseling staff. Senior Interns will also support on-campus events that bear directly on the recruitment and selection of students for admission to the Colleges.
- Conduct on-campus and virtual interviews of prospective students on a regularly scheduled basis
- Participate in on-campus admissions events
- Assist staff with recruiting and functional responsibilities as requested
- Provide students with information regarding the admissions application process procedures and timelines
- Demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to unique social, cultural and economic circumstances of students
- Establish a continuum of personalized communication with prospective candidates so they will feel welcome to request continued assistance and strengthen their connection to the Colleges
- Read and understand all admissions publications
- Demonstrate a firm knowledge of the Colleges’ educational philosophy and mission
- Will be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication, organization, professionalism and creativity.
- Must be able to work independently, show initiative and adhere to deadlines.
Review of applications will begin immediately. You may be contacted by the hiring supervisor for additional information.