GRADUATE STUDENT-R&D - STUDENT ENGINEER - CONTROLS
Who We Are:
The Advanced Algorithms team collaborates with multiple divisions at Southwest Research Institute and focuses on model-based controls development for a wide array of mobility and power generation applications.
Objectives of this Role:
- Leverage your control algorithms expertise to develop solutions that improve efficiency, performance and emissions for a wide range of mobility applications.
- Implement algorithms in simulation as well as real-time embedded systems to deliver engineered solutions that can benefit the world.
- Leverage your power systems experience to help build advanced motor control/inverter algorithms as well as grid storage applications.
- Summer 2023 student
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop advanced control algorithms for mobility applications focusing on energy efficiency and emissions improvements.
- Implement and deploy control algorithms on real-time microcontrollers & DSPs from Texas Instruments, dSPACE, National Instruments, ETAS, Woodward and SwRI among others.
- Conduct high quality experimental work in test cell as well as vehicle environment with little guidance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment consistently collaborating with other personnel.