Project Management Summer Internship
About our group:
As an intern, you will be joining The Design Center Customer Engagement (DCCE) team. This team is part of The Customer Advocacy (CA) organization. This position is part-time during school year and full time during summer 2023.
The DCCE roles and responsibilities cover activities from new product launch through end of product warranty. As the customer advocate:
- We gather customer requirements and feedback
- We respond and deliver solutions to the customer facing teams.
- We monitor and improve the customer technical experience with Seagate.
- All these are accomplished by collaborating with our cross functional teams, e.g.: QM (Qual Managers), PLM (Product Line Management), Product Core Team (CT), Global Quality teams (GQ), Factory teams, Engineering teams, IT, and other support organizations within Seagate.
About the role - you will:
- Champion the Customer Management systems in Sales Force. This is the main project throughout the duration of your internship. You will be assigned mentor(s) to help with the guidance.
- Be expected to learn various tools (Sales Force, Tableau, JIRA) and processes around customer technical management.
- Understand, translate/articulate the visions/ideas to PowerPoint or other visuals.
- Document detail requirements for IT team to be used for development.
- Conduct discussions with IT and Qual Managers, or other cross functional teams.
- Gather feedback, capture actions, maintain/track action logs and meeting minutes.
- Provide status until the completion of the assigned project(s). Ensure progress is made.
- Represent users of tools and perform testing.
- Create training material using PowerPoint and Brainshark
- Analyze data and reports to ensure accuracy.
- Present your status and reports at various meetings as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, personable, and comfortable working with others
- Willingness to learn
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail as you will help the team create documentation and training material.
Your experience includes:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or other related field and enrolled in fall 2023 courses
- Experience with Microsoft tools (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
You May Also Have:
- Experience with Salesforce, JIRA, Tableau
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $18 – $28. Actual salary range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Location: Longmont, United States