Member Support Coordinator - Appalachian Conservation Corps
Title: Individual Placement Program Member Support Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $38,000-$39,141
Location: Harrisonburg, VA (Part-time remote eligible in Virginia)
Status: 35-40 hours per week, exempt
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off
Reports to: IP Program Manager
To Apply (application closes March 1st):
1. Submit your Cover Letter and Resume via the application link.
2. Cover Letter Must Include a response to the following: Provide some examples of your experience effectively working with diverse communities, including those specific to Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and other underrepresented populations, in personal or professional context.
ACC’s Individual Placement Program connects approximately 60 people each year to internship-like positions at over 20 host sites across Virginia, Maryland, D.C., Ohio, and Pennsylvania. This growing program aims to provide valuable project-based experience for folks with more specialized interests and backgrounds. The Member Support Coordinator will work with the IP Program Manager to provide ongoing support for the IP’s throughout the member “life cycle” from recruitment to exiting to ensure that they leave the program having met their goals, and with tools needed to further their careers in conservation.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with a variety of people from different backgrounds and roles, developing relationships and maintaining a level of professionalism. This position requires the ability to multi-task and problem solve as you will be supporting positions that all vary in type and complexity. As this is a growing program, we are seeking someone to assist with developing the program to bring an enhanced experience to our IP’s and Program Partners.
Outcomes & Functions of Position:
- Serves as the lead recruiter for all Individual Placement positions and is responsible for ensuring positions are filled by qualified applicants in a timely manner.
- Promotes positions locally on job boards, social media pages, share to teachers and professors, and strategizes other avenues to reach more applicants.
- Utilizes current recruiting systems and software to track the recruitment process, screen and communicate updates with applicants, occasionally interview and make recommendations to partners.
- Attends career fairs at local colleges, high schools, and with partner organizations to get the word out about our programming.
- Provides ongoing support to approximately 60 members per year through monthly check-ins, as well as follows up on questions or concerns.
- Facilitates in-person or virtual orientations as well as identifies and informs members of other professional development opportunities.
- Ensures all program requirements and deadlines are met by communicating reminders and holding members and supervisors accountable.
- Assists with worker’s compensation, timesheets, payroll, evaluations and other program requirements.
- Sends out a monthly newsletter to Individual Placements with news, member highlights, professional development opportunities, and career tips and tricks.
- Updates Individual Placement website with content that may be valuable to members.
- Coordinates intentional ways for IP’s to connect with each other through trainings, special events or days of service (MLK Day, AmeriCorps Week, 9/11 Day of Service, etc.)
- Conducts in person site visits when able to meet Individual Placements.
- Help to prepare members for next step after their service ends and track alumni postsecondary and employment status, creating a database of alumni information.
- Assists with the creation and enhancing of systems, the member handbook, and trainings to improve program functions.
- Assists in the collection and tracking of program/project accomplishments and creating reports.
- Alongside IP Program Manager, annually review and analyze partner evaluations to identify program improvements.
- Successfully engages, leads, and supports an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented populations within the organization and the communities we serve.
- Leads and/or participates in organizational-wide teams, projects and initiatives that support the work of the Strategic Plans goals.
Other “Hats” You May Wear: Customer Service, Relationship Development, Marketing/Communications, Supervision or Mentorship to Others, Facilitator, Trainer, Human Resources
- Ability to successfully work in a fluid, changing work environment.
- Experience and familiarity with AmeriCorps Programs and requirements.
- Ability to learn and operate multiple systems including, Microsoft Office programs and applications, Salesforce, SilkRoad systems, Hootsuite, and others.
- Ability to keep others and oneself, in remote locations, accountable to expectations.
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurable Driving Record per Personnel Policies.
- Must be able to pass the organization’s criminal history check requirements.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams or with a variety of populations, including those underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC communities.
- Previous experience with a Corps or youth serving organization
- Experience in facilitation both virtually and in-person for large meetings and training spaces
- Prior experience in recruitment is a plus
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with basic design and presentation platforms such as PowerPoint and Canva
Conservation Legacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, political affiliation, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.