Seasonal/on-call Field Technicians
Field locations: California office-based locations
Stillwater Sciences is seeking highly motivated and talented junior- to mid-level field technicians to join our interdisciplinary staff for seasonal positions. Technicians will be supporting water quality, fisheries, wildlife, botany, recreation and/or geomorphology studies. This is a temporary, on-call position. Field efforts are anticipated to be variable in length starting in March and may extend into October. Scheduling may be somewhat flexible for highly qualified candidates.
Required qualifications include:
- Completed or working towards BS or BA in biology or natural resource field with 1–2+ years’ experience in the environmental field
- Prior field experience
- Experience in the field collecting environmental data (e.g. aquatic habitat, wildlife, water quality, fisheries)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Endurance to work long days in all types of weather
- Willingness to travel and work in remote locations (lodging provided) for 7 – 10 days maximum and to work outside of normal business hours, on occasion
- Good attitude and ability to traverse difficult terrain including steep slopes, muddy wetlands with standing water, and extremely dense brush
- Competency to follow directions and field safety protocols
- Solid navigational skills using maps and GPS
- Attention to detail and commitment to sound science
- A valid driver’s license, a registered and insured vehicle, with the ability to commute to field sites or travel to deliver samples
Compensation and Application Details:
- The salary range is $22–$30/hour, depending on education and experience.
- Please provide a brief cover letter and resume (preferably in PDF format)
- Position will remain open until filled.
About Stillwater Sciences:
Stillwater Sciences (www.stillwatersci.com) is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm specializing in scientifically based solutions to aquatic, terrestrial, and watershed resource management. We assist government agencies, NGOs, and private clients with environmental problem solving, planning, and permitting using a multi-disciplinary approach that integrates physical and biological processes. We have approximately 95 full-time dedicated and enthusiastic employees throughout the Western U.S. in 9 offices. We maintain a collaborative work environment that promotes productive and rigorous applied scientific research. We pride ourselves on defining and shaping our individual careers in a way that provides a healthy rhythm of work and life responsibilities. Success at Stillwater requires a blend of passion, initiative, commitment, flexibility, and teamwork. Stillwater Sciences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the collaborative nature of our work and given that our company is a Federal contractor, Stillwater Sciences employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or apply for an accommodation for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief), and we strongly encourage employees receive a booster.