Graduate Assistant for Student Leadership & Involvement
The Office of Student Leadership & Involvement is seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant position for the 2023-2024 academic year. Reporting to the Associate Director of Student Leadership & Involvement, the Graduate Assistant will provide assistance to the Office of Student Leadership & Involvement by coordinating and promoting student leadership and involvement programs and initiatives for students, faculty, and staff.
This is position is only available to those to enrolled in the Higher Education Policy and Student Affairs.
· 9 credit tuition waiver for fall/spring semester
- 10-month contract August- May (first day of classes to last day of classes)
- Must be available to plan for and attend staff training in August and January the week before classes begin
- 20 hours per week
- Weekday hours will be set based on availability
- May be asked to "flex schedule" to support evening or weekend events as needed
Support leadership development (content and implementation):
- Assist with the planning and implementation of major leadership events cosponsored by the office of Student Leadership & Involvement including the Ruby Jones Conference, Fall Leadership Conference, Student Leadership Summit, Student Leadership Awards Ceremony, and other hallmark leadership programs and events.
- Coordination and facilitation of the Michael Horrocks Leadership Institute for Varsity Athletes (programming occurs on Sunday evenings-must be available most Sunday Evenings of the semester)
- Coordination of the Explore Leadership Series in partnership with Residence Life
Student Government Association – Co Advising Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary staff advisor to the Treasurer, Secretary and Public Relations
- Attend Executive Board meetings and individual meeting with Executive Board Officers, any special events hosted by SGA.
- Assist with engagement strategies for the Office of Student Leadership & Involvement:
- Assist in coordinating social media and marketing efforts
- Support RamConnect (online engagement system) utilization which includes training and troubleshooting for faculty, staff, clubs and organizations
- Support assessment efforts for the Office of Student Leadership & Involvement
- Support engagement strategies through the use of visual and digital mediums
- Attend all departmental staff meetings
- Attend all trainings, orientations, new staff programs and workshops as appropriate
- Volunteer on Division of Student Affairs committees that pertain to career interests and professional development goals
- Contribute to departmental work groups