Digital Merchandising Intern
At Shipt, we are transforming the shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt Shoppers handpick everything from fresh groceries to household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
From both our hometown of Birmingham, AL, and our office in San Francisco, CA, Shipt is creating a product and a community that makes people’s lives better in a myriad of ways. Working towards the goal of positively impacting real people in their everyday lives is what Shipt and its people are all about. Shipt is a rapidly growing technology company with an online marketplace providing same-day delivery from 130+ national retailers and local stores. Powered by a community of exceptional Shipt Shoppers and convenient app and web platforms, we bring fresh groceries, home essentials, wellness products, pet supplies, and more to over 70% of households in more than 5,000 U.S. cities.
This is a remote (or hybrid for those based in Birmingham, AL, San Francisco, CA, or Minneapolis, MN) Summer 2023 Internship. Our program will run for 10 weeks, beginning on June 5, 2023, and ending on August 11, 2023. Full program participation is required of all interns. Interns are expected to maintain a consistent full-time work schedule throughout the duration of their internship.
Shipt is growing and we are looking for a Digital Merchandising Intern to join our Digital Merchandising team! We are searching for an intern to help plan, execute, and measure our digital site experience strategy for the marketplace on Shipt. Our ideal candidate is passionate about creating innovative and engaging site experiences that drive sales and product discovery.
- Develop an understanding of digital merchandising within the total retail landscape and how it is unique to Shipt, and how we partner with other teams across the organization.
- Create an understanding of the merchandising campaign process and assist with the planning and execution of merchandising campaigns for our various retail partners.
- Help the Shipt Merchandising team execute on site strategy by: planning and building curated product assortments for merchandising campaigns, facilitating the development of creative assets, and using tools available to maintain the site experience through seasonal/promotional transitions.
- Be a champion of process: Update and maintain planning documents and/or project management tools related to owned projects to ensure clear and effective communication with cross functional teams.
- Research and report on key consumer KPI’s, competitor and industry insights that can help inform strategy and the evolving merchandising roadmaps.
- Creative and innovative problem solver.
- Curious and inquisitive.
- Detail-oriented and organized. Consistent follow through and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible and adaptable. You are equally as comfortable spending your day in spreadsheets as you are collaborating with others.
- Working on a Bachelor’s degree (Business, Merchandising, Marketing or related areas of study)
Nice to Haves:
- Retail (digital or in-store) experience is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with the grocery/delivery industry.
- Familiarity with retail KPIs and data analysis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection if you need any accommodations.