WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Heidelberg Materials (formerly Lehigh Hanson). Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” with our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
The Equipment Operator is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career with an industry leader in the aggregate and cement industry. The cement production and terminal operation in Middlebranch, OH is looking for someone hardworking and dedicated to becoming part of the team. This position will be responsible for daily tasks having to do with shipping, bulk loading, and packing.
- Operate a ball mill circuit and feed materials with a front-end loader to both the mill and dryer and perform basic quality tests on the material.
- Participates in the loading and unloading of cement products from or to railcars or bulk trucks; coordinates bulk loading activities with customer drivers and sales personnel. Inspects railcars and bulk trucks before loading. Operates locomotive, loader, or car puller to move or position railcars in place for loading or unloading or to transfer railcars to switching tracks. Operates controls to convey proper cement product to railcar or bulk truck.
- Load and unload trucks with bagged products using a forklift.
- Responsible for ensuring customer orders are filled accurately. Promptly addresses customer concerns and refers more complex problems to the supervisor for resolution.
- Ensures shipping and receiving paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the production and unloading and/or transfers of bulk material or cement products from railcars to silos or other storage containers.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment.
- Performs housekeeping of the facility.
- Follows all safety policies, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Helps promote safe work habits and a safe work environment along with weekly safety meetings and job pre-work analysis.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment problems to minimize downtime and ensure proper operation.
HERE'S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience in cement or related industry a plus
- Prior material handling experience is strongly preferred
- Mobile equipment operating experience: front-end loader
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Technical knowledge of computers; MS Office products and SAP preferred
- Willing and capable of working extended hours and weekends if needed
- Capable of accessing heights - top of railcars, stairways to silo top elevations, etc.
- Capable of lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to follow safe working practices in a team environment.
This position will be based in Middlebranch, OH.
Depending on previous experience, starting hourly rate is around $20.00-$22.00.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
Send your resume to heidelbergmaterials.com then search for careers tab
Heidelberg Materials is a Drug-Free Workplace.