Graduate Assistant for Fraternity and Sorority Life
West Chester University
Graduate Assistant in Fraternity and Sorority Life
2023-24 Position Description
Position Description: The duties will be to mentor and advise students and support a number of events and projects sponsored by the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, governing councils, and undergraduate chapters.
Responsibilities may include:
- Council Advising
- Co-Advise two governing councils.
- Assist with planning and execution of major FSL and council projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Attend Council meetings and Executive Board meetings.
- Assist in the training, development, and staffing of FSL programs and events.
- Work with FSL staff to plan and implement relevant virtual and in-person programs for the FSL community.
- Provide training and resources for council and chapter officers.
- Connect chapter and council members to campus and community resources.
- Develop monthly FSL newsletter for FSL Community-wide communication and updates.
- Social Media Management
- Engage with students via FSL Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Post at least 3 times a week. Balance the types of posts (educational, social, involvement, etc)
- Keep up with Council and Chapter posts and share to appropriate pages.
- Connect WCU students with Councils and Chapters of interest.
- Set a goal for increasing the number of followers on FSL, FPB and Council pages. Review accessibility.
- Website Management
- Update and maintain the FSL website as needed
- Update Chapter President information.
- Remove outdated information.
- Review the website and think of ways to make improvements. Review accessibility.
- Fraternal Programming Board (FPB)
- Advise the Fraternal Programming Board and attend all meetings.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the student leaders of FPB
- Assist with funding requests.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Hold students accountable for their position responsibilities and the purpose of FPB.
- Find ways for the FSL Community to give back to the larger community (Resource Pantry, etc).
- Other Duties
- Provide assistance in assessment projects and data reporting.
- Attend weekly FSL staff meetings and monthly Division of Student Affairs (DOSA) meetings.
- Coordinate input and upkeep of chapter management systems.
- Participate in committees and projects that align with professional development goals.
- Meetings with direct supervisor. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Creative and critical thinking, problem-solving, and taking initiative.
- Check FSL email daily.
This position is a full-time Graduate Assistant (20 hours per week).
Individuals will receive a $2500.00 stipend for the academic year and a tuition waiver of up to 12 credits per semester. A full-time graduate student must enroll in nine credit hours per semester. This position is funded for one academic year and will be extended for a second year pending performance evaluation. Position Start Date: August 23, 2023.