Sustainable Design Specialist
If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person’s ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
How Will Your Days Be Spent
- Assist and help train project teams performing design analysis, including daylight analysis, building life-cycle analysis, and early-design energy modeling.
- Utilize Revit models and other software to perform calculations pertaining to sustainability metrics
- Provide guidance to project teams in pursuit of sustainability or wellness certifications, or other client-driven sustainability goals.
- Assist with Flad’s 2030 Commitment reporting by helping project teams understand how to input their data into Portal and supporting office leads with reporting efforts.
- Assist the sustainability team with research on various topics, including:
- Healthier materials
- Specific research needs that arise for project teams
What You Bring to this Role
- Understand the principles of sustainable design. Working knowledge of the LEED rating system and credit requirements preferred.
- Previous intern experience in the design and construction industry, ideally with experience on projects pursuing sustainability or wellness certifications preferred.
- Skilled at collaboration, attention to detail, and communication.
- Revit proficiency required.
- Experience with Climate Studio, OneClick LCA, or other energy modeling, daylighting, or life-cycling analysis modeling software preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field required, Master’s Degree Preferred.
- LEED AP with Specialty preferred. Must have within 12 months of accepting this role.
Flad offers a wide range of benefits including:
- hybrid work environment
- health, dental and vision insurance
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- financial health and wellness benefits - retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits, including mass transit and parking; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration and organization reimbursement
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 608-238-2661 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.