Intern, Technical Writer (Req #6040)
Intern, Technical Writer
Location: US Remote
The Technical Writer Intern will collaborate with, and get guidance from, experienced technical writers on best practices for creating, editing, and publishing technical documents. This role allows for a hybrid flexible work arrangement that includes some onsite weekly work. We prefer candidates who are able to work a hybrid schedule in San Jose, CA.
About Spirent Communications
Spirent is the leading global provider of automated test and assurance solutions for communications networks, cybersecurity, and positioning.
We provide innovative products, services, and managed solutions that address the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies, including 5G, cloud, autonomous vehicles, and beyond. From testing in the lab to testing in the real world, Spirent helps companies deliver on their promise to their customers of a new generation of connected devices and technologies.
Why Spirent?... Because together we can shape tomorrow!
Spirent is its people. When you join the Spirent team, you will join forces and work alongside some of the industry’s most passionate subject matter experts. In an environment of innovation, you will find a place where you can grow, think, explore, create, and make change happen.
At Spirent, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to thriving in the ever-changing world of global technology. We embrace a culture where difference is valued and openness, mutual respect, collaboration, and fairness are considered fundamental. Spirent does not tolerate discrimination or offensive behavior of any kind. We are committed to creating workplaces that genuinely reflect the diversity of the world we serve and an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work.
Your success is vital to our success, which is why we will support you to perform, grow, and contribute – with the confidence to be yourself. And to support your personal wellbeing, we hope you will love our dedication to creating the right work and life balance experience!
Join Spirent and together let’s shape tomorrow!
- Document the processes for the publication of key documents from internal tech pubs in the solutions such as known limitations, Product Alerts, Release notes, and any ancillary documents.
- Define and implement an improved process for new feature training documents targeting our sales team.
- Document key processes such as known issues, product alerts, release notes, and any ancillary documents.
- Review gaps in previous processes handled by former Spirent employees ensuring we have coverage on our content and tech pubs creation.
- Review product announcement materials prior to tech writer review.
- Participate and collaborate in cross-functional teams consisting of product developers, product managers, product support engineers, and sales field engineers.
- Review/edit current and newly developed product training materials(in PowerPoint).
- Seek feedback and input from lead tech writers.
- Facilitate the creation of content for product and features training for sales and sales-engineer audiences.
- Produce documentation deliverables on time.
- Bachelor's degree candidate, from an accredited university, in English, Technical Communication, Journalism, or a related technical discipline.
- Technical, scientific, or newspaper writing experience or other internship(s).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and manage changing priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Computer science studies are a plus.