TCC Consultant IUB & IUPUI
Technology Center Consulting (TCC) is hiring part-time consultants for the academic year 23-24. TCC offers employees the opportunity to gain marketable customer service and technical skills. Our operational structure requires staff who are motivated by growth and opportunity. Many former consultants have used their experience to obtain positions with reputable firms and organizations worldwide.
Position Details/ Duties/ Responsibilities
Under general supervision, consultants provide in person technical assistance to students, faculty, and staff. Consultants may be asked to assist with issues related to the following:
- Desktop and mobile computing device platforms (including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and others).
- Central systems (email, learning management systems, storage platforms, etc.).
- Campus networking (wired and wireless connectivity).
In addition, consultants provide direct support to the Student Technology Centers (STCs). They offer technical assistance relating to software and hardware issues, resolve printer problems, monitor supplies, and maintain the lab environment.
Consultants are required to demonstrate exemplary interpersonal communication skills and professionalism at all times, and support and comply with all Indiana University, UITS, and TCC policies and procedures.
- Proactive customer service attitude
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least one year of related customer service experience preferred
- Computing skills across the Windows and Mac platforms, including operating systems and applications
- Commitment to working a minimum of 12 hours per week
In accordance with the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success, experience in this position will help students become acquainted with the following profiles:
- Communicator – The ability to listen, write, and speak effectively. The ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.
- Innovator – The ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within a specific timeframe.
Consultants will work in a variety of locations on campus depending on staffing needs. The position involves sedentary work, as well as periods of time moving around campus. Ability to move up to 45 pounds.
All TCC consultants are required to work a minimum of 12 hours per week. Consultants are assigned shifts at the beginning of each semester, based on consultant availability. TCC is open to clients 7 days a week during the academic year; therefore, a wide variety of shifts are available.
For STC hours and staffing, see Staffing in the IUB and IUPUI STCs.
TCC consultants are paid $12.15 per hour. After successful completion of a 6-week probationary period along with an evaluation of training, consultants are eligible to be paid $13.00 per hour.
IU part-time staff are paid on an hourly, biweekly basis, with no remission of academic fees and no commitment to continuous employment.
Positions include work-study opportunities. For more, see the Student Central Work-Study pages for IUB and IUPUI.
To apply for a TCC position at IU Bloomington or IUPUI, complete the Application for Consultant Position or your campus.
For employment information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.