General Supply Specialist
Selected applicants will serve as entry-level trainees in the DLA Pathways to Career Excellence (PaCE) Program performing a series of progressively responsible General Supply Specialist (Resolution) functions, along with formal and on-the-job training (OJT). Positions are for DLA Troop Support.
The following duties which will be performed in a developmental capacity:
- Assisting in performing supply planning, including evaluating source data generated by the deployment plan (e.g., planned orders and planned arrivals).
- Analyzing and adjusting historical demand data to develop statistical forecasts for customer/item/location combinations that have demonstrated a demand pattern, and support the application of statistical models of prediction.
- Participating in the resolution of product quality, transportation, and supply discrepancies.
- Ensuring shipment issues and confirmations from the distribution locations are posted in a timely manner, in order to maintain the integrity of the inventory record balances.
- Processing customer requirements, including: entering and reviewing orders, editing information for validity, determining availability of requested items and associated replacements/substitutions, and coordinating/validating shipment information.