Entry level water/wastewater engineer
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are an employee-owned global engineering, management and development consultant. Everywhere around the world, people’s needs and aspirations are changing, fast. That brings increasing challenges. Our global network of 16,000 experts looks at problems from fresh angles and finds opportunities in complexity. We bring together diverse skills, experience and insight, to turn obstacles into sustainable solutions in the areas of Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Together we’re generous with our knowledge, work to solve problems and take pride in each other’s success as much as our own. It’s the unique contribution of all our colleagues working together that makes us successful. We value our diversity and are committed to creating a company where people feel valued, safe and at our best.
What will you be doing?
From the moment you join us, you will be immersed into a team of exceptional engineers, consultants and project managers, ready to support you in your career. From your first week, you’ll gain a sense that you belong. You will be assigned to a variety of projects in your chosen area of interest, working to deliver plans, designs and reports for a number of prestigious clients.
Under the guidance of a professional engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs
- Attending site inspections, investigations and monitoring
- Actively participating in project, client and team meetings
- Reviewing, preparing and modifying designs; analyzing reports, specifications and studies
- Gaining exposure to project, commercial and client management
- Utilizing technology with a ‘digital by default’ approach
Our South team supports some of the most ambitious transportation, water and infrastructure projects in North America, including:
- Construction oversight to the Pensacola Bay Bridge, FL.
- Reconnecting Texas' Cedar Bayou with the sea after 35 years, restoring life to a once rich marsh and estuarine ecosystem.
- Providing program management services for the design and construction of the Airbus Final Assembly Line.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine drive to be successful engineering consultants and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be considered for this entry-level position, you will be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in water or wastewater projects through relevant experience, such as in your field of study, internships, volunteering or being a member of relevant associations. This opportunity can be based from either Pensacola, Panama City or Jacksonville.
We are looking to welcome graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Superb written communication and attention to detail, with an ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred.
- Excellent understanding of relevant technologies, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, etc.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence