Submarine Cable Program Manager
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech’s commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking a motivated Submarine Cable Project Manager to support our portfolio of offshore projects, as well as to provide broad support and technical expertise in all other aspects of offshore project permitting, design, and development.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with a maritime background and offshore project experience, project management skills, and a clear ability to manage client relationships, both internally and externally. Experience managing major projects with large, complex project teams is preferred.
- Work with the Submarine Cable Services Team and current offshore staff to support of a variety of subsea cable projects for power transmission, offshore renewables, and telecommunications clients.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for documents, queries and tasks related to marine geophysical & geotechnical survey, seabed geology, cable routing and/or fisheries regarding offshore construction (depending on background).
- Research, compile, and interpret published literature, publicly available GIS datasets, and project-specific data to inform Critical Issues Analyses and Desktop Study documentation.
- Technical writing for reports, drafting or designing supporting figures and illustrations required.
- Compile and manage extensive GIS, project data, and documentation.
- Research and interpret international, federal, state, and local regulations on a project-specific basis to assess project permitting feasibility and development requirements as well as prepare environmental reports and permit applications.
- Compile and analyze geophysical and geotechnical data to evaluate and assess cable burial potential and highlight other potential construction risks.
- Design and update subsea cable routes to client specifications and following industry best practices using GIS and cable planning tools (e.g., ArcMap, AutoCAD & Makai Plan)
- Identify potential project and client leads, and participate in the preparation of proposals, budgets, and plans of work.
- Written, telephone, and in-person communication with internal technical experts, regulatory agencies, clients and others to facilitate project goals.
- Willing to participate in offshore work and offsite travel. Some travel required (5-15%), but occasional field work assignments also possible.
- B.S. in Earth Science, Geology, Geophysics, Marine Science, Marine Fisheries or related degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Five years of experience working on submarine cable projects preferred.
- Relevant experience on pipeline route design, survey, or installation will be considered.
- Experience in marine or coastal planning and design, marine project permitting, and/or offshore development required.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills required.
- Strong GIS skills and understanding of geospatial analysis, integration, and data management.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must possess solid, practical skills in office applications.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record without restrictions.