Corporate Accounting Intern
Job Title: Corporate Accounting Internship
Location: Blue Bell, PA
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth , CloudForte , Intelliserve
What success looks like in this role: (This header will appear in all postings).
A summer internship in our Corporate Accounting group will provide you with a good general understanding of what it takes to be a highly functional accountant and financial reporting analyst. Through our immersive program, you will gain exposure to many different areas of Accounting, such as corporate accounting, accounting policy, and internal financial reporting. The Corporate Accounting intern will function as part of a dynamic team as well as have the opportunity to shine as an individual contributor.
· Assist with preparation of month-end financial reporting
· Prepare and post journal entries with applicable supporting documents
· Support technical accounting team with updates to accounting policy documents
· Prepare lease accounting schedules and entries
· Assist with account reconciliations
· Respond to both internal and external audit requests, as needed
· Support the finance team with forecasting projects, as needed
· Support in data validation related to ERP implemenation
You will be successful in this role if you have:
· Currently enrolled in a Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics major with a GPA of 3.0 or higher with prior work, intern, or co-op experience desired but not required
· MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are required; Exposure to financial based reporting systems such as Oracle are desired but not required
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Accuracy and attention to detail in work is a must; as is the ablilty to set priorities and handle multiple deadlines
· Must be a United States Citizen or have permanent resident status