INNOVATION DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST TRAINEE
This role is part of the United States Postal Service Professional Development Program (PDP), to develop the competencies, technical knowledge, skills, and experience needed for success in a full performance Headquarters level job. The first year of the program is dedicated to developing core competencies using the Postal Service Competency model. Selected candidates will apply the technical knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired from an academic program of study to the USPS business environment through the completion of projects and work assignments within various business units. Throughout the program, trainees will have the opportunity to participate in mentoring and networking opportunities within various levels of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs entry-level innovation and product and services development assignments designed to develop a broad understanding of U.S. Postal Services New Products and Innovation functions and internal policies and procedures.
- Provides support to new and incremental product development and piloting projects.
- Conducts research in support of proposed new or enhanced products and services.
- Assists in conducting competitive analysis and evaluating quantitative data and market research information for use in business cases, reports, and related documentation.
- Assists in supporting the development of business cases for proposed new or enhanced products and services.
- Maintains and updates product development project information, including reports of project status and customer surveys.
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with team members.
- Uses creativity to solve customer challenges and assists in developing new product concepts.
- Knowledge of product development, innovation, and entrepreneurial processes, methodologies, and techniques.
- Ability to coordinate work with team members to ensure project requirements are met and completed on schedule.
- Ability to communicate orally sufficient to exchange and clarify information and deliver presentations.
- Ability to apply logical thinking sufficient to gather data and analyze trends.
- Ability to analyze data and creatively solve problems.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Possession of a Bachelors's or Graduate degree in Technology Development, Industrial Engineering, Product Innovation, or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education. NOTE: Qualified applicants must earn a degree from an accredited college or university no more than 24 months prior to the date of employment. Preference-eligible veterans (see 5 U.S.C. ' 2108) who were unable to apply during that two-year period because of their military service may apply up to two years after they are released or discharged from active service. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years from the date on which they received their qualifying degrees. Must Graduate by JUNE 30, 2023.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH A RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!!!
**This position requires a NACI clearance. This process can take up to 6 - 8 weeks from the date the offer letter is returned** This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are applying for.