Intern - Electrical Engineering (Delaware, OH)
Vertiv designs, builds and services critical infrastructure that enables vital applications for data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial facilities. We support today’s growing mobile and cloud computing markets with a portfolio of power, thermal and infrastructure management solutions.
We offer unsurpassed global scale and broad expertise, built from our heritage as Emerson Network Power. And now as Vertiv, we match industry leadership with the focus and spirit of a startup.
- BSEE candidate with a computer science focus. The candidate will work with the Rally API (Application Programming Interface) to extract data from the Rally too. This data will be used to create automated Test Reports, produce progress update charts etc. The candidate will be mentored on the tools and techniques. This position will be a hands-on experience.
- BSEE Junior or Senior with some programming experience.
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, resourceful when seeking information to solve problems.
Desired Software Skills Requirements
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Programming experience with either C/C++, python, Java.
Desired Area of Study
- Electrical Engineering
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- This position is based at the Vertiv Plant in Delaware, OH.
The successful candidate will reflect and embrace Vertiv’s Values and Behaviors:
- Acting Like an Owner
- Assuming Positive intent in all employee interactions
- Being passionate about your work
- Challenging yourself in personal development
- Being tireless in exceeding customer expectations
- Assisting others to be successful as a team
- Owning our own mistakes quickly
- Talking with people and NOT about them
- Creating a culture where people can be their best
- Be self-aware and learn
- Embrace the customer experience
- Think and act broadly
- Drive change and innovation
- Leverage diversity for organization effectiveness
- Foster collaborative relationships
- Take intelligent risks
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv’s Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities.
OUR CORE PRINCIPALS: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.
· Own It
· Act With Urgency
· Foster a Customer-First Mindset
· Think Big and Execute
· Lead by Example
· Drive Continuous Improvement
· Learn and Seek Out Development
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
· Customer Focus
· Operational Excellence
· High-Performance Culture
· Financial Strength
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.