Publicity Internships: NYC - Summer 2023
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10
We have multiple Publicity internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the New York City area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
Internships in this area may focus on Publicity or Media Relations across film, television, and streaming platforms. This could include, but is not limited to:
- HBO / HBO Max Publicity
- WB Global Publicity
- ID & Travel Channel PR
- Factual Brands PR
- Food Network and Cooking Channel Publicity
- HGTV/discovery+ home PR
- Ad Sales PR
- Distribution Communications + PR
- Pursuit of a college degree in PR, Communications, English, Creative Writing or a related major.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong writing, research, and organization skills.
- Passion for the entertainment industry
- Interest in Publicity/PR and current knowledge of PR industry trends, practices, and tools.
- Outstanding time management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
- Well versed in AP Style practices
- Knowledge and/or previous experience with Cision, Wordpress, and/or MuckRack is a plus, but not required
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $25 per hour USD for graduate level interns