New Grad: SVT/PV Engineer
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
- We’re a company rooted in people—seeking to create a vibrant and inclusive environment, where everyone feels they can belong.
- Accelerate your career path by gaining hands-on experience and exposure to the latest technology. Our interns and graduates work on real projects in real time in world class labs. Be a part of tomorrow’s future – today.
- Mentoring. Networking. Leadership Opportunities. We recognize that the learning doesn’t stop when you leave school - we champion a team environment for development and provide the tools to achieve success.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental & physical health, and financial security, of our employees and their families.
- We are big proponents of life-work integration. Our people make a big difference at Ciena, but we want to shine light on their differences outside of working hours too. CienaCares supports non-profit causes important to employees by matching employee financial contributions and dedicating time for volunteering.
How You Will Contribute:
As a SVT/PV Engineer Routing/IP, you will be an important member of Ciena’s Quality Assurance and Automation team, realizing your passion related to end to end automation and testing of BNG and CGNAT-like network functions.
- You will develop test cases for the new features being developed by Ciena’s software teams.
- Troubleshoot software issues and work with software and system engineers to identify root causes.
What Does Ciena Expect of You?
- Initiative – you’re a self-starter who works with limited direction and is committed to delivering against aggressive deadlines.
- The flexibility to work independently with little supervision and thrive as part of a broader team.
- You are a problem-solver – you use your creativity, analytical mind and problem-solving skills to achieve key business objectives.
- You are a succinct communicator – possessing the ability to tailor your communications/messages based on the type and level of audience.
- You’re change agile– thriving in a diverse environment of ever-changing priorities and sometimes stressful situations.
- You are self-motivated – always seeking out and methodically solving sophisticated technical issues.
- A dedication to ongoing learning – not only related specifically to your role, but also to new technologies/market developments.
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent coupled with expertise in at least one scripting language, preferably Python in a Linux environment.
- Proven ability to understand end to end automation.
- Knowledge of developing and debugging in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and basic understanding of a Broadband Network.
- Prior knowledge of test tools such as Spirent and IXIA.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.