Environmental Compliance Intern
Environmental Compliance Internship - Plainville, CT
Intern/Co-Op will contribute to a fast-paced growing team in the Environmental Compliance department and will perform tasks independently while working closely with individual team members to ensure that objectives are met.
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges and cultivate your curiosity, and meet our clients’ evolving needs by working alongside the best engineers and scientists in the industry. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. This is a paid Internship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support projects which integrate both environmental compliance requirements developed at the federal, state and local levels, with a focus on environmental compliance for industrial applications/clients;
- Compliance assistance for a wide range of environmental media, including wastewater, air, waste, storm water, spill prevention, reporting under various regulations and other media as client needs arise;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of variety safety plans and programs;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills Required:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student in Environmental Sciences, or closely related degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher;
- Excellent communication, writing, and computer skills are mandatory;
- Must be a team player and possess a collaborative attitude;
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change;
- Be self-motivated;
- Prior internship and/or related engineering experience are a plus.
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Missouri, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’ s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.