High School English Language Arts Teacher (2023-2024 School Year)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER - WEST FARGO HIGH SCHOOL
POSITION: English Language Arts Teacher - West Fargo High School
TERM: 188-day contract beginning with the 2023-2024 School Year
SUMMARY: The English language arts teacher creates an engaging, nurturing, and safe learning environment that allows students to develop their physical, social, and emotional wellbeing; providing instruction in English language arts, future ready skills, knowledge, and dispositions to be compassionate, lifelong-learners, and contributing citizens in a rapidly changing world.
- ND Teaching License in English language arts, grades 9-12
- Bachelor's degree in English language arts education or area of similar study
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, colleagues and the school community
- Ability to work well with others, resolve controversy and conflict through respectful negotiation, and accept constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills to facilitate connection and sharing of thoughts and ideas in multiple formats with diverse audiences
- Ability to reason, interpret, and analyze information to generate new knowledge and understanding
- Adept at problem-solving, resilient when faced with challenges, and skilled in planning and organization
- Experience working in a high school setting preferred
- Prior teaching experience preferred
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education, the starting salary for this position would be following the 2023-2024 Teacher Salary Schedule. (Refer to 2022-2023 Teacher Salary Schedule until new schedule is available.)
DEADLINE: February 10, 2023 or until filled
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/ Please include a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of reference, and required transcripts/licensure.
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual's race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran's Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability. West Fargo Public Schools is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all hiring and employment practices. Applicants who incorporate a holistic perspective and a commitment to inclusion are encouraged to apply.