NIAR CAD/CAM Program Student Assistant
Students working in the CAD/CAM lab will learn to utilize CAD programs to support various projects. In addition, they may be required to learn other software products and hardware. They will support a variety of projects and programs for the lab. Their task may range from classroom support and project research to direct industry program support. Students will be expected to assist lab staff in any way possible to help make the lab successful, presentable to customers, and accomplish projects in a timely manner. Project will involve extensive use of 3D Experience software. Students must have own transportation as some local travel between facilities may be required.
This position will last until the end of 2023 with the possibility of extension after project is completed.
- Assisting staff with the development training materials
- Model components from various data sources
- Assist staff with research project development
- Assisting staff on industry level support
- Operate and help maintain tools and equipment
- Help keep a clean and safe work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and bill of material systems.
- Have great attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Ability to work with complex systems
- Able to work 20+ hrs each week.
- CAD Experience
- Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6
- Proficiency in Dassault Systems 3DExperience
- Effectively prioritize and manage workflow
- Ability to work independently on extensive task