HIRING SPECIALIST-RECRUITMENT - West Palm Beach
Requisition No: 793817
Agency: Children and Families
Working Title: HIRING SPECIALIST-RECRUITMENT - 60049430
Position Number: 60049430
Salary: $37,500 annually, $1,442.30 biweekly
Posting Closing Date: 02/10/2023
Department of Children and Families
West Palm Beach, Florida
Current employees will be compensated in accordance with the DCF salary policy.
What you will do:
In this position you will be responsible for coordination of recruitment and selection activities for the Southeast Recruitment Team.
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for monitoring vacancies and managing internal movement process. Position is responsible for presenting plan to fill vacancy(ies) to hiring managers as it relates to internal movement of employees and the use of viable candidate pools.
- Responsible for sending job postings to Statewide Advertising Specialist; receiving and reviewing employment applications; evaluating applicants’ education, training and work experience; determining eligibility for appointment; and coding applications accordingly for all assigned job classifications.
- Send automated pre-screening tests to eligible candidates; Issue list of eligible candidates for interview and interview screening tools to interview panel.
- May participate as an interview panel member to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- May assist in New Hire Orientation.
- Maintain internal database to include, but not limited to, open position report, time to fill, and notification to the Statewide Advertising team for disposition of applicants.
- Actively participate in staffing related activities and engages in cross functional projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Knowledge and experience in recruitment and selection activities.
- Experience determining candidate eligibility using an applicant tracking system.
- Valid Driver’s License (Travel is required to attend off-site job fairs, interviews and meetings as needed).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication. Knowledge of interviewing principles and techniques. Knowledge of the methods of data collection. Knowledge of hiring practices and understanding of fair employment practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to professional interact with both internal and external customers in a tactful, courteous and effective manner. Ability to record, collect, evaluate and analyze data. Ability to work independently by planning, organizing and coordinating work assignments. Ability to listen effectively. Ability to speak clearly and correctly. Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Strong decision-making skills.
Candidate Profile (application) must be completed in its entirety.
- Include supervisor names and phone numbers for all periods of employment.
- Account for and explain any gaps in employment so that the hiring process is not delayed.
- Experience, education, training, knowledge, skills and/or abilities as well as responses to pre-qualifying questions must be verifiable to meet the minimum qualifications.
- It is unacceptable to use the statement “See Resume” in place of entering work history.
- If you experience problems applying online, please call the People First Service Center at (877) 562-7287.
Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- No state income tax for residents of Florida;
- Annual and Sick Leave benefits;
- Nine paid holidays and one Personal Holiday each year;
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance options;
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions (For more information, please click www.myfrs.com);
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Tuition waivers;
- And more!
For a more complete list of benefits, visit www.mybenefits.myflorida.com.