Limited Delegation / Small Agency Contract Associate
The Arizona Department of Administration is seeking a Limited Delegation/Small Agency Contracts Associate to join the State Procurement Office (SPO) team. This position will support SPO’s strategic efforts to strengthen its Limited Delegation/Small Agency support program by providing a variety of critical customer support services to limited delegation and small agencies, including but not limited to: training, coaching, troubleshooting, strategic planning, and compliance assistance. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the development, management, and administration of standard limited delegation and small agency solicitations and resultant contracts. This role will provide support at an associate level.
This position will play a critical role in furthering SPO’s vision to be the number one procurement office in the nation, where adding value is the norm and customer service is second to none.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
- Liaison and SPO contact for limited delegation/small agencies, including training, coaching, strategic planning, complex compliance assistance, and other various sensitive and complex customer service functions
- Lead standard single agency and limited delegation solicitation
- Administer standard limited delegation/small agency contracts
- Other duties as assigned related to the position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- State and federal statutes and rules related to government procurement activities and contract administration
- Best practices to determine appropriate sourcing strategies/methods
- Lean tools and methods
- Effective negotiation techniques
- Supply chain, logistics, and resource management
- Methods of conducting research
- Effective techniques of relationship management
- General accounting practices as they related to contracts and vendors
- Source of supply, local, and national markets, and pricing trends
- Developing and implementing various sourcing strategies based upon business’ strategic goals/objectives
- Interpreting applicable laws, rules, policies, and procedures
- Conducting data analysis to produce effective and accountable contracts
- Developing and maintaining customer and supplier relationships
- Negotiation contractual terms and conditions
- Developing effective monitoring and reporting tools to ensure terms are adhered to
- Communication effectively with a wide range of customers, internal stakeholders, and suppliers
- Interpreting business issues and recommending solutions/best practices
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing strategies
- Establish and maintain effective customer and supplier relationships
- Develop and implement various monitoring strategies to ensure accountability
- Synthesize, summarize, and analyze a variety of data/sources and formulate workable recommendations
- Work in a dynamic team environment that allows the incumbent to be responsive to changing goals and priorities
Please refer to the AZState Job posting website for full details on the position.