Global Content Intern (Summer 2023)
This is a remote internship with opportunities to go in-person.
Office Locations: Irvine, CA - Broomfield, CO & New York, NY
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx's Internship Program is a place where students from varied backgrounds, identities, and experiences come together to lay the groundwork for their futures. Interns have the opportunity to contribute to real-life projects, build life-long connections through social events, and give back to our communities by participating in volunteer activities. Our Summer 2023 Internship Program will be a hybrid working experience that allows students to live and work in a remote environment while also offering opportunities to come together in person.
Learn more about the internship experience and understand the recruiting timeline by visiting our 2023 Intern Guide. (tinyurl.com/AlteryxInternGuide)
Please Note: Make sure you have applied through RippleMatch and successfully created and completed your profile.
Our Global Content team is looking for an intern who wants to create valuable content experiences for our audience. Our team writes content for our https://help.alteryx.com/ and affiliated sites. We then translate and localize our content in 8 languages. Our website has more than half a million visits per month and more than 2,000,000 views.
You’ll fit right in if you are passionate about online technical communication and helping customers to find the answers they need. You will thrive if you believe that all customers should have a helpful, positive, and accessible experience, regardless of the language they choose and the technologies they use to navigate and consume our content.
We are in the process of migrating to a new content management system. As a member of our team, you will assist us in evaluating the user experience on our new site and work with us to take it to the next level. This may involve adjustments to the information architecture, localization and accessibility features, improvements to the content, and documenting governance and processes, among others.
You will experience how technical help sites are designed, organized, and optimized for a positive user experience. You will learn about some of the challenges of migrating to a new system and how to fix them. You will be a member of a fun multicultural team of technical writers and localization specialists that are full of knowledge and love to share it.
What You’ll Do:
As an intern on our Global Content team you will:
- Get hands-on experience building and improving a multilingual website for technical documentation, using Paligo CCMS.
- Learn about accessibility best practices, audit our site, and propose solutions to improve the experience for customers with disabilities.
- Work with the technical writers to review the content, fix issues, or add improvements. For example, add metadata to articles, identify/fix broken links, update articles, and organize content.
- Support the Localization team, as needed, to improve the experience in multiple languages. Get insight into the types of localization issues teams face and help us solve them. You will learn about the interactions with third-party translation vendors and how automated localization processes work.
- Discuss your areas of interest and propose assignments! We want you to have a meaningful experience with our team and help you develop the skills that matter the most to you. We can customize your assignments within the scope of our team (technical writing, editorial reviews, localization testing, project management, etc.).
- Students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Communication, Technical Writing, Translation, Web Design, Human-Centered Interaction, or other equivalent disciplines.
- Ability to work for 12 consecutive weeks during the Summer 2023
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and should not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills.
- Genuine interest in accessibility.
- Innate curiosity and ability to learn technical topics.
- Students graduating between December 2023 through June 2024.
- You are an advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Basic knowledge of website technologies and information architecture.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- You speak a foreign language.
Alteryx is committed to fair, equitable, and transparent compensation. The internship position is remote-friendly which allows students to live and work anywhere in the U.S. where an Alteryx entity is established. The salary for this role is $28/hour, regardless of the employee's work location.
Program Overview + Benefits
- Paid company holidays, volunteering time off, and access to Headspace
- Ownership of high-impact, real-life projects
- Participation in special events like social/community building activities, speaker series, opportunity to volunteer in local communities, and more
- Showcase impact by presenting intern projects at company/department-wide events
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.