MBA Intern, Amyloidosis Global Marketing and Strategy
This is what you will do:
Alexion’s VISion (Value, Insights, and Strategy) team is seeking an intern to join a dynamic and fully integrated commercial strategy team which aligns global commercial strategy, commercial excellence, and new product planning. The purpose of the VISion team is to drive all commercial recommendations in partnership with R&D throughout the development process and with global markets throughout the commercialization lifecycle of our innovative therapies ensuring we deliver value for all of our stakeholders: patients, physicians, payers, policymakers.
The MBA Intern, Amyloidosis Global Marketing and Strategy, VISion will work closely with Therapeutic Area Commercial Strategy Leads and will require significant collaboration with cross-functional commercial and medical teams, across global and regional organizations. This individual will gain experience with helping design market research and support launch preparation in a matrixed global organization.
You will be responsible for:
Assist launch readiness for pipeline therapeutics associated with treatment for severe, rare conditions
- Engage with the Launch Planning Team to advance go-to-market readiness activities focused on launch
- Contribute to launch summit meeting preparation
- Support commercial product launch strategy, planning, and cross functional execution, in conjunction with Global, Regional, and Country level input
Support development, testing, and implementation of creative concepts and branded messages
- Participate in the development of market research testing for core marketing concepts & messages to ensure clear and effective messages and concepts that resonates with health care providers to drive brand positioning
- Support regional implementation workshops of brand concepts and messages to help regional marketing to implement the concepts and messages into campaigns
- Help organize competitive strategy and scenario planning workshops, participate in discussions, and synthesize key takeaways
Help with other strategic initiatives for the Amyloidosis global commercial team
- Assist in the amyloidosis team’s development of key strategic documents, such as Target Product Profile(s), and implementation of commercialization strategies
- Establish and maintain communication channels and cross-functional collaboration with other VISion functions, regional marketing, and market research business partners
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Currently enrolled in an MBA program.
- Academic and/or professional experience that demonstrates an aptitude for or strong interest in science and health
- 4-5+ years of commercial experience in the healthcare industry that may include Marketing, Project Management, Business Analytics, Business Development, Corporate Strategy and/or Financial Analysis, Consulting or enrollment in Health Sector Management Education Program
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, builds trust easily, operates with integrity and ethics, thrives in diverse environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly in Excel and PPT.
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Other applicable advanced degrees or certifications a plus