early Finance Rotational Development Program
Who We Are
At Roche/Genentech, we are passionate about transforming patients’ lives, and we are bold in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow. Roche is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to build teams that represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to create a great place to work and to innovate for patients.
The Opportunity - Early Finance Rotational Program at Genentech
Join a Biotechnology Leader
Considered the founder of the biotechnology industry, Genentech has been delivering on the promise of biotechnology for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to discover, develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. Today, Genentech is among the world's leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline. In March 2009, Genentech became a member of the Roche Group. As part of their merger agreement, Roche and Genentech combined their pharmaceutical operations in the United States. Genentech's South San Francisco campus now serves as the headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States. Genentech Research and Early Development operates as an independent innovation center within Roche.
Our founders believed that hiring talented, enthusiastic people would make Genentech a success. Today, we still believe our employees are our most important asset. For this reason, we aim to provide employees with a stimulating and collaborative environment where they can make important contributions to medicine and thrive as professionals.
The Early in Career Finance Rotational Program (eFRDP) – An Opportunity for Growth
The Genentech Early in Career Finance Rotational Program (eFRDP) is a comprehensive, entry-level opportunity that provides work within a fast-paced and challenging environment. Program participants work side-by-side with biotech industry experts over a three year period in multiple rotations across a variety of finance groups. In addition to a broad and deep set of work experiences, the program also provides a robust training curriculum, networking opportunities, mentoring, and access to senior leaders. Applicants should have a long term interest and commitment to a career at Genentech/Roche.
Rotations may be within the following groups within the Finance Organization:
- Enterprise Center of Excellence (eCOE) - Global finance organization focused on delivering end-to-end views of the business, finance, and processes for superior decision support and to drive efficiencies
- R&D Finance, in support of project teams working to advance R&D molecule programs through clinical development.
- Technical Operations Finance in support of the group responsible for process development and cost-effective manufacturing of commercial and clinical products.
- Commercial Finance in support of the brand teams that help patients receive the Genentech products they need
- Controlling & Accounting in support of financial accounting, reporting, internal controls, financial systems as well as shared service functions.
- Site Operations Finance in support of the corporate groups that make Genentech a great place to innovate and work
Preferred qualifications for the eFRDP program include but are not limited to:
- Current and recently graduated undergraduate students with the desire to work at an industry leading and cutting-edge Biotech
- Diverse experiences that can contribute new and fresh perspectives in an ever-changing landscape
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization including with senior leaders
- Emphasis and interest in working in a collaborative and team-driven environment
- Drive to consistently deliver results and excel