Data Migration Summer Intern
About our group:
Seagate is a global leader in data storage solutions. We strive to create precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We have an opportunity within our Data Migration team. The role will involve setting up data migration equipment such as tape readers, servers, and post-processing machines; performing data migration operational activities, and Finding ways to make the operational process more streamlined.
About the role - you will:
- Set up data migration equipment.
- Evaluate and determine if and how data can be migrated from a wide variety of recording and storage media, including magnetic and optical media, file and mail systems.
- Migrate data from media, including those with minor physical, electrical, or firmware damage.
- Prepare data returns to clients on new storage media and the cloud.
- Write Windows and Linux scripts to aid in the migration of data.
- Assist with testing new methodologies.
- You are proactive in finding solutions to problems that occur or will arise in the future.
- You are good at time/priority management.
- Hands-on experience assembling various computer and peripherals hardware.
- Experienced in working with Windows
- Programming and scripting such as Delphi, C#, or command line scripting.
- Having experience in Linux is a plus.
- Electronic components soldering skills are a plus.
Your experience includes:
- Working towards a BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, or a related degree.
- Returning to school in Fall 2023
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
This position will be located in Oklahoma City at the Seagate Data Center. Willingness to relocate and/or work in person is required for this role.
The estimated base hourly range for this position: $21.00 - 25.50. The actual hourly range is based on the regional labor market of the role in the geography in which the position is located based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted hourly range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, eligibility for variable pay bonus, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short-and long-term disability, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, health savings account, dependent care and healthcare spending accounts, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave and well-being programs.