Graduate Intern, Commercial Excellence, Competitive Intelligence
This is what you will do:
Global Marketing & Commercial Strategy is a fully integrated commercial strategy team, aligning global marketing, new product strategy, and commercial excellence across all therapeutic and disease areas. The team’s purpose is to partner with both global colleagues (R&D, Operations, Finance, Corporate Affairs, et al) and regional and local Commercial colleagues to ensure the successful development and launch of innovative therapies that will deliver value for all our stakeholders.
The Commercial Excellence Graduate Intern will gain exposure to and experience in the areas of Competitive Intelligence, Portfolio Analytics, Market Insights & Analytics, and Launch Excellence. In this role and through key projects, the Graduate Intern will advance the impact of the Commercial Excellence Team within Global Marketing & Commercial Strategy and the broader organization.
This individual will work ‘hands-on’ leading high-impact projects, while also learning more about how a rare disease biotechnology company operates globally in these key areas.
The primary focus of this position is Competitive Intelligence, with additional opportunities and exposure to other Commercial Excellence functions. The Competitive Intelligence function leads the collection of competitive information, develops competitive assessments, translates data into insights, and helps ensure that those insights are leveraged early to shape strategy for both in-line and pipeline products. The key focus of this function is working with therapeutic area and functional teams to ensure competitive readiness.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and executing analyses of data and information to generate insights and support the development of innovative medicines
- Collaborating across the Commercial Excellence team, broader Global Marketing & Commercial Strategy team, and with external colleagues to identify areas of exploration, define project scope and assumptions, identify available data sources, brainstorm analysis approach, and gather feedback
- Preparing presentations to communicate your process and findings to key stakeholders
- Working with vendors to execute projects for on-track, on-budget delivery
- Specific projects may include competitive landscape analysis in a disease area, research on disruptive technologies, competitor strategy and communications assessment, and potential new indication selection/evaluation support
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; graduate student in life sciences/healthcare or business (e.g., MS, PhD, MBA, PharmD, MD). Advanced undergraduate students with relevant internship experience may also apply.
- Academic and/or professional experience that demonstrates an aptitude for or strong interest in both science/health and business
- Understanding of the drug development and commercialization process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; problem solve; engage in complex and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours
We would prefer for you to have:
- Research/analytical or commercial experience in the healthcare industry that may include Competitive Intelligence, Business Analytics, Market Research, Marketing, Project Management, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, Financial Analysis, Forecasting Analytics, Consulting and/or academic focus in one or more of these areas