Graduate transportation engineer – 2023
From the moment you join us, you will be immersed in a team of exceptional engineering consultants, project managers, and specialists ready to support you in your career. Alongside the team, you will be assigned to a variety of projects in your chosen area of interest, working to deliver sustainable outcomes for our clients and the communities they serve.
With guidance from a professional engineer, your responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Developing conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs
- Attending site inspections, investigations, and monitoring
- Actively participating in project, client and team meetings
- Reviewing, preparing, and modifying designs
- Analyzing reports, specifications, and studies
- Gaining exposure to project, commercial, and client management
- Undertaking a ‘digital by default’ approach in deliverables
- Actively participating in our ‘Early Careers Professional’ Network
- Supporting our ‘Purpose’ in everything you do
As a transportation engineer you will support the delivery of major infrastructure projects which may include:
- The design and construction of a $3.8 billion expansion for the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.
- The creation of a masterplan for a JFK Airport that could handle 100 million passengers per year in 2050, and program planning for $10 billion of near-term developments.
- The $3.1 billion Seattle/Federal Way Link Extension adding 12.6km of track and three new stations to the Link LRT.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine passion to create sustainable, social outcomes for communities and a desire to strive for excellence. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be considered for this 2023 position, you’ll need:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering.
- Demonstrable interest in transportation projects through relevant experience, such as your field of study, internships, volunteering, or relevant association memberships.
- Methodical approach to problem solving to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Wonderful written communication and attention to detail, with an ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred.
- Superb understanding of relevant technologies, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, etc.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are an employee-owned global engineering, management and development consultant. Everywhere around the world, people’s needs, and aspirations are changing, fast. That brings increasing challenges. Our global network of 18,000 experts looks at problems from fresh angles and finds opportunities in complexity. We bring together diverse skills, experience and insight, to turn obstacles into sustainable solutions in the areas of Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Mott MacDonald is the first company in its class to be independently certified carbon neutral, globally. We reduced our global carbon footprint by 45% per employee in the last five years and offset residual carbon emissions using a carefully selected peatland restoration program in Sumatra.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.