(#R3426) Engineer (Summer 2023) - Structural - Milwaukee
Thornton Tomasetti applies engineering and scientific principles to solve the world’s challenges. An independent organization of creative thinkers and innovative doers collaborating from offices worldwide, our mission is to bring our clients' ideas to life and, in the process, lay the groundwork for a better, more resilient future. We provide support and opportunities to our employees to achieve their full potential and cultivate a rewarding career.
Our Structural Engineering practice collaborates with architects, building owners, and builders to design elegant solutions for projects of all types, sizes, and levels of complexity. From designing the world’s tallest buildings and most extended spans to engineering inventive “jewel-box” structures and designing major expansion projects, we continually seek the best balance among the demands of form, function, sustainability, constructability, schedule, and budget.
We have an opportunity for an Engineer to join our Structural Practice. Candidates for the Structural Engineer position should have experience in small-size projects such as cultural buildings, office buildings, health care, and research facility design, and tenant renovation work preferably in a consulting engineering firm environment.
- Structural analysis, design, and details for all types of buildings and materials using a variety of building codes.
- Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines.
- Preparation of construction documents within a BIM environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture. Master’s degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of current industry software, including SAP2000, ETABS, Ram, Risa3-D, PCA Software, Revit, and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally.
Depending on your employment status, benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability and other voluntary benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Childcare
- Paid Time Off, Family Leave for New Parents, Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Transit (where available)
- 401k retirement savings with Company matching on employee contributions and/or qualified student loan repayments
- Fitness Reimbursement
- And other various wellness, diversity/inclusion and employee resource programs and initiatives
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, selecting the country where you are applying for employment and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.