Student Trainee (Mathematical Statistics) GS 7-9
As a full performance Student Trainee Mathematical Statistics you will:
- Apply mathematical models in analysis and evaluation of new technologies, systems, and policies.
- Assist higher graded Mathematical Statisticians with establishing mathematical and engineering relationships in problems and developing approximations for project input.
- Participate in analytical studies involving the use of optimization techniques such as Monte Carlo, linear, and dynamic programming; gaming theory; inventory theory, and statistical and numerical analysis.
- Provide data reduction and calculating services for studies and determines applications to computer programming.
- Plan and initiate computer configurations and interprets results.
- Compose technical reports on findings of statistical investigations.