Transaction Support Analyst
Benchmark International is looking for an experienced and driven Analyst to add to our growing team. As an Analyst, you will be a part of our busy office. The Analyst will collect, analyze, summarize, and discuss Benchmark International’s clients’ most sensitive data; preparing our clients to enter the mergers & acquisitions market. Pulling key attributes from financial statements, contracts, and other corporate documents; the Business Analyst will learn how to identify risks, value businesses, and set or adjust client expectations. The Analyst will also help with various financial activities related such as deal analysis, working capital analysis, and other task needed to serve our clients.
Your experience throughout the years will be a great resource for the Benchmark team, however as an Analyst, you will act under the instruction of and be trained by Benchmark International’s experienced leadership team, with combined experience of over 40 years in the M&A markets.
Your specific duties as an Analyst will include:
- Develop and maintain client relationships by communicating effectively to ensure expectations of both buyer and seller are met
- Gather comprehensive information about client’s business through multiple sources to ensure a thorough and accurate analysis for client promotion
- Prepare and routinely update marketing materials, financial statements and business intelligence reports focusing the company’s strengths and opportunities
- Analyze client’s financial situation, including historical, current and expected future performance and prepare financial statements
- Conduct outreach to prospective buyers and update marketing materials with current information
- Ensure the CRM system is up to date with information about each client
- Provide consultative guidance on accounting, financial and valuation matters
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Comply with all policies, practices and procedures and report all unsafe activities to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
As an Analyst, you must be highly energetic and passionate individual with a positive and highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude. You must have the strong desire and ambition to succeed in this hugely rewarding industry. It is also vital for your role as an Analyst that you possess excellent verbal and written communication, analytic, mathematical, and interpersonal skills as well as presentation abilities.
The Analyst is a client-facing role that must be able to convey bad news and deal with clients’ unique sensitivities while keeping each client moving through the company sales process at a steady pace.
Specific qualifications for the Analyst include:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Proficient personal computer skills include electronic e-mail, recordkeeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle a rigorous schedule of deadlines
- Experienced in professional business writing preferred; including writing business plans and information memorandums
- Prioritization and organization skills
- Proficient in financial-modeling, financial-analysis, and Excel
- Commercial understanding and awareness of business and operations in various industries
- Possess valid and current driver license
- No personal history of enforcement actions by the Securities Exchange Commission, FINRA, or any state securities regulatory bodies
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration or advanced degree Finance, Marketing, or Accounting or an unrelated degree with significant work experience in one or more of these fields
- Ability to obtain a Florida real-estate sales associate license within 90 days of employment (For employment in our Florida office).
- Ability to obtain a Texas real-estate sales associate license within 7 months of employment (Fer employment in our Texas office).
- Availability for occasional travel
- Must be able to work full time in the office as this is not a remote or hybrid position
This position will receive salary plus in the range of $50,000 to $80,000 and an additional end-of-year bonus if the team’s target is achieved. On target earnings in the range of $52,500 - $88,000.
All Benchmark International positions offer paid time off, standard holidays, and community service days. Employees are eligible for highly competitive company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and AD&D insurance; 401k with company matching; flexible spending accounts; and flexible dependent care assistance accounts. Quarterly team outings and standing desks are employee favorites at present.
Benchmark International is an active, contributing member of the communities in which we work. The company participates in significant charitable giving opportunities throughout the year. Many of the recipient charities have been identified by our individual employees as a result of their personal passions for supporting particular needs. In addition, each employee is encouraged to use two paid work days per year to provide their labor and skills to the community.
Benchmark International provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. The Company takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously, and will promptly investigate when such behavior is reported.