Graduate Assistant of Sport Clubs
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University Department of Campus Recreation invites applicants for the Graduate Assistant of Sport Clubs position. In this role, the Graduate Assistant will have the opportunity to obtain experiences in leadership, decision making, and budget creation while receiving mentorship from the WCU professional recreation staff.
The Graduate Assistant of Sport Clubs will be primarily responsible for leading and managing various aspects of the day to day operations of our Sport Club program. This individual will report directly to the Assistant Director of Sport Clubs & Intramural Sports and will interview, select, hire, train, and evaluate student staff of 6-10 supervisors. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written-communication skills; provide positive leadership, and the ability to multi-task.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordination and administration of a Sport Club program consisting of 27 clubs and over 1,000 student-athletes
· Assist the Assistant Director in the convening of the Sport Club Council (SCC) consisting of 6 student leaders
· Assist in the continued development of Sport Club Leadership Seminar
· Assist with fiscal management of club finances
· Facility scheduling of practices/games
· Attend evening practices and various weekend competitions
· Promote the WCU Sport Clubs Program
· Maintain equipment inventory
· Convene risk management committee and implementation of Sport Club policies
· Work closely with Student Government Association for budgetary purposes
· Support the Assistant Director regarding collaboration with the WCU Foundation with fundraising
· Coordinate and approve Sport Club fundraising initiatives
· Coordinate and approve Sport Club reservations for practice days and home games
· Liaison between Sport Club Executive Board and respective Sport Club Advisors/Coaches
· Liaison between Assistant Director and Sport Club Executive Board
· Serve as the Compliance Officer for verifying student status and eligibility
· Assist in planning, organizing, and execution of department wide all-staff training before each semester
· Promote the importance of inclusivity and diversity within Student Affairs
· Assist with assessing student learning outcomes
· Attend and participate in various meetings pertaining to the department of Campus Recreation
· Work one shift as facility supervisor of Student Recreation Center each week
· Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education, exercise science, sports management, or a related field
· Minimum one year of experience in the field of campus recreation, community recreation, or Athletics
· Admission and good academic standing to a graduate degree program
· Semester appointment for up to 4 academic semesters. Hourly employment is available during periods outside of contract.
· Out of state tuition waiver for up to 12 hours of academic credit/semester paid for by the Department of Campus Recreation.
· Semester Stipend: $2,500/semester, $5,000/academic year